Friday, July 26, 2013

The One with the Two Month Favorites

Liam is almost three months old ::gasp:: and I am finally sitting down to write about the things that have been really helpful and useful during the last month.

All images (other than the ones of my precious son!) are found through Amazon searches.

Boon Lawn Countertop Drying Rack 
This thing is seriously awesome.  It's the perfect place to dry all of Liam's bottles and their zillion parts.  Plus it looks cute on the counter.

Boppy Pillow

I originally registered for this pillow to use when breastfeeding.  We all know how that turned out.  However, this pillow is also great to prop Liam up on after he eats and when I need to use both hands to type or make a bottle.  I have also found that Liam sleeps well on this.  I think it's the cocoon-like feeling like he gets when he's swaddled.  Obviously, I am sitting right there with him anytime he's on this.  It can also be used for tummy time and they make super cute covers for the pillow.

Dapple Dish Liquid
I know we can use regular dish detergent to wash L's bottles.  But, I like the idea of something fragrance free made specifically for bottles.  This stuff is great and gets that gross formula smell off the bottles.  Plus, they make a travel sized one (which we've obviously gotten a ton of use out of during our road trips) and a refill bag so you don't need to keep buying the dispenser. 

Sassy Ring O' Links
As Liam has become more alert and interested in toys, these have been an awesome toy for him.  The bright colors hold his attention and he can grab onto the rings when you put them in his hand.  Plus, they are super portable and easy to throw in the diaper bag when we leave the house.

Motorola Wireless Video Monitor


I seriously love this thing.  While Liam is still rooming in, we have the camera in our bedroom.  When he goes to bed at night, I can use the monitor to keep an eye on him until we go to bed (which is usually shortly after him anyway!).  The picture quality is great and we can even talk to him through the camera.

iBabyLog App

Originally, I downloaded this app to keep track of feedings.  However, I have used it for so much more.  I keep track of Liam's diaper changes, sleeping, doctor's visits, and medications.  It's been so helpful to have everything in one place.  You can even share the data with other users and if I can get my mom on the smartphone bandwagon before the fall, I am hoping she can use it to keep track of Liam's daily activities while I'm at work.  It's a free app that has some ads on the top but they don't interfere with the app at all.  I've been very happy with it.

So those are just a few of the things that have been especially useful over the past month.  Can't believe I'll be doing a three month update post soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment