Thursday, July 25, 2013

The One with the Thursday Thoughts

Liam and I are back from North Carolina and trying to get back into a routine.  We had a really nice time visiting family and L even tried out the pool for the first time.  I'll do a separate post about that soon.

In the meantime, onto the Thursday thoughts...
  • L's baptism is in a few weeks.  I have about eleventy jillion things to do between now and then.  Least of which is getting this house organized.  There is stuff everywhere.  We are really running out of room here.
  • I made banana bread yesterday with some too ripe to eat bananas.  It turned out pretty well and I just had some for breakfast.
  • I am already thinking about when I am going to go into my classroom to start getting organized.  I hate this feeling every summer, but I am finding myself really dreading it this summer.  It's going to mean going back to work and leaving Liam.  I could seriously burst into tears just about any time I think about this.
  • I downloaded a book on my Nook and have read almost 300 pages.  I still cannot figure out if I've read it before.  The premise and some of the story are so familiar but I'm still not sure.
  • I participated in a children's book exchange with some friends.  I sent out one children's book and Liam is supposed to get 36 in return.  He's gotten quite a few so far from all over the country.  It's been a great way to build up his library.
  • I just realized I have no pictures in this post.  I'm too lazy to plug in my phone or camera to transfer pictures.
  • The moms' group we joined is a lot of fun.  I've met some really great moms and babies and it's so nice to get out of the house every Monday.  We've even made other plans to walk in the park and go to the mall.
  • Liam has started to swat at the toys above him on his playmat.  It's so amazing to watch him develop these skills.  He's still not a fan of tummy time.
  • Since I got back from vacation on Tuesday afternoon, I've done 5 loads of laundry.  I feel like I'm living in the laundry room!  
Little man is waking up from his morning snooze so I'm off to entertain him and decide if we are leaving the house today.

Happy Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment