Sunday, August 19, 2012

The One with the Update

Just a quick update about how our embies are doing today.  I talked to the IVF lab a few minutes ago and all 9 embies are continuing to develop very nicely.  After fertilization, the cells start to divide.  On day 2 (today), they like to see the embies between 2 and 4 cells each.  She told me we have 4 embies that are 2-cells, 3 embies that are 3-cells, and 2 embies that are 4-cells.  All of the embryos are of very good quality.  That is great news for our little ones!

She let me know that we are going to do a transfer tomorrow (Monday) morning at 8:45 am.  This is a 3-day transfer.  Sometimes, they stretch this out to a 5-day transfer to watch for more dividing, but a 3-day transfer is more common.  Hubs is going to go back to work tomorrow, so my mom is going to come with me for the transfer.  So, I  return to the center tomorrow morning with a full bladder and have one or two little ones (we decide tomorrow) put back inside my ute where it (they) will hopefully take up residence for the next 9 months.

We could use all the sticky prayers and vibes you can offer!  I'll do another update tomorrow after I am officially transferred.

P.S. TMI alert: These vag pills are terrible.  I am buying stock in Always panty liners and I feel gross!  Just a little nugget of info for your Sunday morning.

8 comments:

  1. Great news!! That is so exciting! Grow little embies!!!

    PS: I have some of the same stock! Haha! Nasty business, but for a good cause!

    Good Luck tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi I just found your blog and I wanted you to know I'll be sending you sticky thoughts and prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tons of sticky vibes coming your way!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thinking about you and wishing you good luck with the transfer!! I hope it's going/went smoothly!

    p.s. I deleted my previous comment b/c I'm dumb and answered my own question : P Can't wait to hear more news : D

    ReplyDelete