Tuesday, February 12, 2013

The One with the Weekly Pregnancy Update


27 Weeks

And the gray is back.  Where are my boobs by the way?

I've added a few new categories this week.

How far along? 27 weeks (rutabaga)
Total weight gain/loss: Still right around +6 pounds.
Maternity clothes: Absolutely.  And fitting in any regular sized clothes, even the hang around the house ones, is getting tough.
Sleep: Well this blows big time lately.  I have developed a really nasty cold and cough (more on this below) and need to sleep sitting up so I don't have full on coughing fits.  That means sleeping on the couch and waking up tons of times each night.  It really sucks.
Best moment this week: Hubs felt the little guy kick for the first time.  The look on his face was pretty awesome.
Miss Anything? Bladder control.  I pee a little almost every time I cough or sneeze.
Movement: Oh yes.  I felt hiccups for the first time this week too.
Food cravings: York Peppermint Patties and strawberries.  I also started eating small salads again and things seems to be okay with that which I am very happy about.
Anything making you queasy or sick? All good with this.
Gender: Boy.
Labor Signs: Couple of BH contractions I think.

Symptoms: Tired, headaches (probably from coughing), heartburn.
Major purchases this week? We picked up all the painting supplies for the nursery and started painting yesterday.  I am super happy with how things are progressing and we need to do another coat of the blue and then do the gray stripe.  I also ordered the crib skirt, the knobs for the dresser, and my shower invitations.
Nursery: See above about the painting and purchases and below for a sneak peek of the wall color.

I'll do a full before and after picture comparison when it's finished, but here's a preview of the color.

How mama is feeling: Unfortunately, not so great physically.  I came home from school on Thursday with a little cough.  Hubs has been sick a couple of times this winter and many of my students have been sick and in school.  It was inevitable that I would get sick.  Well, the little cough turned into a full blown cold and extremely gross cough.  I called the OB and my choices are Tylenol and Robitussin...two of the most useless medications available.  So, I'm dealing, but I am not a very happy camper right now.  I just picked up a Vicks vaporizer so I am hoping that helps a little tonight.
Weekly wisdom: Take care of your body.  If you need to rest, do it.  If you need to take time off from work, do it.  And try not to feel too bad when you can't help your husband do any of the snow clean up because you are growing a human.
Looking forward to: The arrival of the baby bag today, nursery furniture delivery next week, and my mom's visit next week.  Also hoping I don't hear anything from the OB this week about the results of my one hour glucose test.  No news is good news.
Next appointment: March 1st

No comments:

Post a Comment