Monday, March 25, 2013

The One with the Weekly Pregnancy Update

33 Weeks

I really loathe making those 3's.

How far along? 33 weeks (durian fruit...here's the Wikipedia explanation of this strange spikey fruit because I had no clue what the hell it was!)
Total weight gain/loss: +14 pounds according to the scale this morning...although with the massive quantities of Easter candy I'm consuming I see that number going up soon.
From the doctor: This was an off-week for an appointment so nothing new to report.
Maternity clothes: My new stuff from Gap and Old Navy arrived the other day and I headed over to Macy's yesterday to pick up a few things.  I got some shirts (I'm wearing one in the picture above) and also picked up a nightgown and robe for the hospital.
Sleep: This really hasn't been too much of a problem.  I wake up a few times at night, but I find myself able to go back to sleep.
Best moment this week: Seeing very good friends on Saturday.
Miss Anything? Goat cheese and Diet Coke.  I had a nagging headache yesterday and really wanted a cold DC to possibly help.  I know I can have an occasional one, but I've been trying to be good and resisted.  Definitely requesting those in the hospital.
Movement: Oh yes and I do love it.  Elbows, knees, and the bum are definitely starting to be recognizable at certain times when he moves.  I am also feeling him more on my cervix so maybe he's turned himself (fingers crossed!)
Food cravings: No real cravings, just hungry pretty much all the time.
Anything making you queasy or sick? Nothing really, but I just need to eat more frequent smaller portions to keep my stomach from getting too full.
Gender: Little guy.
Labor Signs: Nothing yet, but I can't believe that this whole labor thing is going to happen so soon!

Symptoms: Hip pain, difficulty breathing, dry skin
Major purchases this week? I picked up a few outfits and socks at Target and Macy's while I was out and about.  And I didn't buy it, but our highchair arrived this week from my fantastic aunt and uncle in North Carolina.  Well, technically it arrived last week, but we had to return it because it didn't work correctly and it needed to be exchanged.  Hubs put the new one together today and I love the way it looks.  I'll let you know how well it works with a baby in it in about 6 or 7 months!


Classes/Tours: We are finished with all of our classes and now just need to hope we remember it all when the big day comes.
Nursery: No big developments in there this week, but I am enjoying using my chair (I am blogging from there right now).  I am going to wash and organize a bunch of clothes after my shower in two weeks and Hubs promises he'll hang the bookshelves during our vacation in April.  I also picked up the wooden letters for his name to go above the crib, but we won't hang those until after he arrives so we can keep his name to ourselves.
How mama is feeling: I really do feel pretty good.  I'm tired and my body is sore, but I think I'm in pretty good spirits most of the time (Hubs may disagree with that one!).
Weekly wisdom:  Steal your husband's pajamas when yours no longer fit.  And while pregnancy is certainly not an excuse to eat everything in sight, enjoy your treats while you can.
Looking forward to: Pedicure on Wednesday, manicure and massage on Friday, and maternity pictures on Saturday.
Next appointment: March 27th.

On a side note, we've been doing some training with Max to get him ready for the little man's arrival.  He's been doing pretty well with the doll and I plan to try and take him for a walk with the stroller sometime in the next few weeks.  I have been using the purple Johnson & Johnson bedtime lotion on myself to get him used to that smell and he actually gets bathed using the baby shampoo so I'm hoping he's used to that smell already.  We've been playing some baby crying sounds on the phone for him to hear, but I am also going to put the phone in the crib with the doll to help him associate the two.  Once I have my shower and we get some more baby items, I am hoping to introduce more things to him.  We'll see how it goes...


No comments:

Post a Comment