Tuesday, January 1, 2013

The One with the Weekly Pregnancy Update (And the Happy New Year)

Happy New Year blogging world!

We spent our NYE on the couch in pj's (which I had been in all day) and went to bed way before the ball dropped.  Hubs has been fighting a cold and the last thing this preggo lady wanted to do was brave the cold and snow to go hang out with people who could drink.

Today will be quiet as well.  Maybe a few errands and some prep to go back to school tomorrow (yuck!), but I also think there is going to be lots of couch time involved in our plans for today.

2012 was quite a year for us.

I had a tough year at school, dealing with a very difficult student who just about sent me over the edge.

Hubs made it through an entire year of work with no extended time out for injuries!

We found out getting pregnant the "normal" and "cheap" way wasn't an option for us.

I celebrated the big 3-0 with a surprise birthday party.

I injected myself with more meds than I ever thought possible.

I had cameras, wands, liquids, dyes, needles, and catheters stuck up my vag.

I started blogging.

Everyone seemed to be getting pregnant and having babies.

We did our first IVF procedure and waited for what felt like the longest two weeks of our lives to see if it worked.

Our first IVF was a success and we got pregnant!

Mama knows best and we found out that baby T is a boy.

We celebrated several holidays celebrations with our fantastic families.

It has been quite a year, with both some very low lows and some very high highs.

And we are so ready to welcome 2013 and the arrival of our little bean.

Now, onto the weekly update...

21 Weeks

Using the flash this week apparently.

How far along? 21 weeks (banana)
Total weight gain/loss: I go back to the doctor for my monthly appointment on Friday, but I'm thinking probably up a pound or two.
Maternity clothes: Yes!
Sleep: Hasn't been so great this week, but that is mostly due to my snoring and sick husband.
Best moment this week: Telling more family members about our little baby boy.  We also got to see our little guy again at our follow-up ultrasound.  He was sucking his thumb and is no longer breech.

Miss Anything? Would have loved a glass of champagne on NYE last night.
Movement: Absolutely.  Also starting to feel little kicks from the outside.  Hubs is looking forward to the first time he can feel them.
Food cravings: Chocolate has been on my menu every day in some way or another.  And if often makes several appearances a day.
Anything making you queasy or sick? No, thankfully.
Gender: It's a boy!
Labor Signs: Nothing yet, but one of my plans for the coming weeks is to sign us up for the birthing class at the hospital.

Symptoms: My back still bothers me if I'm on my feet too long.
Major purchases this week? Uhhh, you could say I did some shopping this week.  Check out the picture below.  I just couldn't pass up the sales once we found out that we were having a little boy.
Weekly wisdom: Try not to stress about nursery bedding...this is easier said than done for me right now.
Looking forward to: Continuing to feel the little guy kick and deciding on a name (that's a whole other post in itself!).  Going to the doctor this week and making sure everything looks good from our follow-up ultrasound.

So maybe I went a little overboard?  I stocked up on clothes for next Christmas and winter.

Chalkboard from last week with our big announcement.

The HersHEy's bars we gave to our family when we revealed the gender to them on Sunday.

Little guy sucking his thumb.

Wishing you a very happy and healthy 2013!

No comments:

Post a Comment