Tuesday, April 23, 2013

The One with the Weekly Pregnancy Update

37 Weeks

And I look miserable in this picture.

How far along? 37 weeks (winter melon...WTF is that?!)
Total weight gain/loss: +21 pounds, according to the doctor yesterday morning
From the doctor: Yesterday morning's appointment went well.  Dr. B. did another internal exam and things are still closed for business right now, which is not surprising considering I haven't had any contractions yet.  He said he can feel baby boy's head and that he's pretty low which is definitely good news.  My GBS (Group B Strep) test came back positive.  About 25-30% of normal, healthy woman test positive for this.  All it means is that I will need antibiotics during delivery so that the bacteria doesn't get transferred to the little guy.
Maternity clothes: Nothing but.
Sleep: Hit or miss with this.  Some nights I can get comfy and stay that way for most of the night and other nights I am up a million times rearranging myself and my ginormous belly.
Best moment this week: Just about finished up the nursery (tour post is in draft form and coming later this week) and finally ordered some wedding pictures to frame and hang...we've only been married for almost 2 years!
Miss anything? Eating a normal sized meal.  While this baby may have dropped some, he still pushes on my stomach and makes eating difficult.
Going to miss anything about being pregnant? Not feeling guilty about eating cookies on a regular basis.
Movement: Pretty much all the time.
Food cravings: Bagels with strawberry cream cheese...I don't even like strawberry cream cheese.
Anything making you queasy or sick? Veggies (even the raw ones) still aren't doing much for me.
Gender: boy all the way (although I have read like 3 stories lately about women who were told one gender only to find out at delivery that it's the other...)
Labor Signs: Nada, although I have been having some
different kinds of aches and pains lately.
Symptoms: Cankles, backache (especially after going back to work
yesterday), heartburn even with meds, groin pain
Major purchases this week? I picked up a few last things for our hospital bags (snacks, nipple butter, chapstick), but I think we have pretty much bought every baby item known to man at this point.
Nursery: Loving how it looks!
How mama is feeling: Yesterday was a pretty good first day back at work, but I am definitely tired.  Moving is becoming slower and slower but I know it is all worth it in the end.
Weekly wisdom: Sleeping on an incline helps with the heartburn.  It's not the most comfortable thing, but it's better than waking up with stomach acid in your mouth.
Looking forward to: Meeting our son and being done with work.
Next appointment: April 29th

No comments:

Post a Comment