Sunday, November 4, 2012

The One with the Weekly Pregnancy Update

This is the first of my weekly pregnancy posts.

Before I do the update, I need to do a little backtrack on how I have been documenting this pregnancy. Ever since I first saw this blog I knew I wanted to do a weekly chalkboard with pictures when I got pregnant.  I seriously LOVE Jessica's blog and want to be friends with her in real life.  Anywho, as soon as I hit 8 weeks, I made a chalkboard and started keeping a weekly picture diary.  Hubs has been taking my picture every week and I will do a post with all of the pictures tomorrow.  In the meantime, here is the update for 13 weeks.

13 Weeks

At this point, I think I just look extra squishy.

How far along? 13 weeks (peach)
Total weight gain/loss: I'm down 5-6 pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight as of this week's appointment.  I'm finding that my appetite is coming back a little, but I am definitely still eating small portions.
Maternity clothes: I moved to maternity pants around 10 weeks.  My pants were just too tight to be in all day.  I've been living in yoga pants and leggings with tunics.  I've gotten a few maternity tops, but  I am mostly still in my regular ones.

Have you told family and friends? At this point, most of our family and close friends know.  We have both shared with some people at work.  I will probably tell my class before Thanksgiving.

Have you started to show yet? I think I just look fatter than normal at this point.  Hoping it starts to look more like a pregnant belly soon.
Sleep: I am getting up once a night to pee and have been noticing some back and shoulder pain.  I just picked up a Snoogle pillow at BRU today so I'm hoping that helps with the aching.
Best moment this week: Hearing baby's heartbeat at the doctor's office and then being able to find it at home on the doppler.  Amazing sound!

Miss Anything? Sushi on occasion and my Friday afternoon wine.
Movement: Nothing yet.  I'm hoping sooner rather than later!
Food cravings: Apple juice, Halloween candy, and soups.
Anything making you queasy or sick? Strong smells are still getting to me sometimes and I can't handle looking at raw meat.
Gender prediction: Boy
Labor Signs: No

Symptoms: Heartburn, some nausea at times, fatigue, and some sharp round ligament pain as everything is stretching.
Major purchases this week? Nothing big, but I picked up a few Halloween outfits for next year that were on sale.
Weekly wisdom: Take naps whenever you can.  Growing a human is hard work!
Looking forward to: Getting more of a bump and seeing family at the holidays.

That's the latest on what is going on here.  Hope everyone is enjoying their Sunday.

4 comments:

  1. So so cute! Congrats on 13 weeks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE LOVE LOVE the chalkboard! I too follow Little Baby Garvin and decided I want to do that when I am pregnant! I can't wait to see the other photos tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The chalkboards are super fun to design and I love them as a way to keep track of the pregnancy.

      Delete