Thursday, November 1, 2012

The One Where I'm Back

Okay, I have been Captain Sucky Suckington at blogging lately for the past month and a half.  I really am sorry for this (that apology goes out to all 12 of my loyal readers!), but I promise I have some good excuses.

Life has been a little less than quiet lately and school has been taking quite a bit of my free time.  I have lots of updates and I am going to split them into a variety of posts throughout this weekend so I don't ramble on for too long in one post (although I warn you, this is a long post).

Two major things to report on in the blog world first:

1. I am participating in NaBloPoMo this month.  This stands for National Blog Posting Month and it challenges bloggers to post every day during the month of November.  I need a challenge like this to keep me focused on this blog and remind me how important it is to write.  You can read more about this challenge here.  There are prompts available if you want them or you can just blog about whatever you want.  If you want to sign up, click the button below.  Come on, do it.  You know you want to.  (There are even some prizes involved!)

NaBloPoMo November 2012
Click me to sign-up for awesomeness!


2. Little ol' me has been nominated for a blogging award.  I know, I was seriously shocked too!  I was nominated for a Liebster Blog Award.  The Liebster Blog Award is an award given to up and coming bloggers with less than 200 followers.  Liebster is a German word that means kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, and lovely.  Dude, someone thinks my blog is that?!

Cutest button ever!

Before I tell you about the simple rules, I must extend my heartfelt thanks to Lisbeth at Maybe, Baby? for nominating me for this award.  You rock lady!

So here is how this blog award works:
  • Tell 11 random facts about yourself.
  • Answer the 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
  • Choose 11 blogs with less than 200 followers to nominate.
  • Come up with 11 questions to ask the bloggers you nominate.
  • Tell the 11 bloggers that you nominated them.
  • Link back to the person who nominated you and thank them dearly from the bottom of your heart!
  • Post your award badge with pride!


Alright, here goes, my 11 random facts:

1. I wear flip flops year-round.
2. Listening to other people chew food when I am not eating too grosses me out.
3. When I get out of my car, my radio has to be turned down to volume level 10.
4. I can't sew.
5. As soon as I get home from work, I change into my pajamas.
6. I hate Thanksgiving food.
7. If I drink coffee, it has to be iced and flavored.
8. I can recite every word of "The Good Fight" episode in Season 4 of Sex and the City.
9. I listened to my first Christmas song in the car on the way home from work today.
10. I hate scary movies.
11. I failed my driver's test the first time I took it.


Here are the answers to the questions that Lisbeth asked me:

1. What made you start your blog? I wanted a way to document our infertility journey for myself and any future children.  I also found it to be a really great way to keep family and friends updated on our treatments.

2. What is your favorite season? Summer because there is no school!

3. If you have a smart phone, what is your favorite app? Oh goodness, only one?!  I love Instagram and Pinterest.

4. Name a celebrity you think is overrated. Taylor Swift

5. What is something your parents used to say over and over? My mother always told my brother and I to be kinder to each other.

6. Name one thing on your bucket list. Travel to Italy.

7. What is your dream job? I'm doing exactly what I want to be doing.  Teaching 1st grade.

8. Where were you born? Connecticut

9. Do you have a hidden talent? Nope, I am pretty talentless.

10. What is the weirdest/most exotic thing you have eaten? Not really weird, but my father convinced me to try escargot when I was little because he didn't tell me what it actually was.

11. If you won the lottery, what would be the first thing you would buy? Probably a new house.  While I love ours, its just not big enough for what we need.


And my 11 nominations (in no specific order):

1. CandyReesecup at Am Walking on the Winding Road
2. Amanda at Growing Griswolds
3. Bran at It Takes a Village
4. Amanda at ph.d. and parenthood
7. Elyse at Those Who Wait
8. Kat at Trying to Make 3
10. MiddleMuse at Middle Musings
11. Jackie at Happily Ever Infertility


Finally, my 11 questions to the nominees:

1. Where would you go on your dream vacation?
2. Do you have any pets?
3. What is your favorite snack food?
4. Do you have any guilty pleasures?
5. What is your favorite fast food restaurant?
6. Are you left or right handed?
7. What is on your holiday wish list this year?
8. What is your favorite TV show?
9. What is one beauty product you can't live without?
10. Are you afraid of anything?
11. If you could go to dinner with one person, living or dead, who would it be?


Alright, that was one long-ass post.  I really am going to try to keep up with NaBloPoMo's challenge this month and I promise I have a big update post coming very soon!

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad to read this! I've been thinking about you!!! Thanks for the nomination!! :) :) Can't wait to read about the rest of the updates!

    ReplyDelete